Now this list is particularly difficult for me to compile as I am a great adopter of ideas and advice; when I say adopt I really mean to say assimilate, there is no resistance, it is futile; the best ideas are stolen and if someone gives me good advice it very quickly becomes the advice that I give to others as if it were my own.
- Everyone has to learn
- There are no stupid questions only stupid answers
- Just try to be ever so slightly less inept than your colleagues
- You only get something out if you are willing to put something in (multiple times in multiple scenarios (work, relationships, bank accounts, skills and crafts)
- Don’t act on other people’s advice, listen, understand, make your own decisions and then act
- Make your own decisions
- If you want to be lucky, be prepared to take every opportunity that comes your way
- Never say ‘No’ immediately, listen then (if appropriate) say no.
- Look after number one
- Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you
- If you don’t love yourself how can you expect anyone else to
- Laugh at yourself
- Love life, it is the only one you’ve got
- Retain a child-like wonder about the world
- Cherish difference
- Loathe falseness
- Love those who are what they are
- Variety is the spice of life
- Love the skin you’re in
- Learn something new every day
Etc., etc., etc., I could go on and on.
I’m following a couple of brilliant bloggers (Lori at She’s Awake & Chrissa at A Little Wicked) who are undertaking a blog challenge to write 50 lists that will lift your spirits. I love lists, I like having something to blog about and I love them, so I’ve decided to join in.