Okay I asked my friends on Tumblr what I should write next and Tiffany suggested # 7, so here goes.
Good things that happened to me this week:
- I completed the negotiations for Farnham Castle to have a Bishop’s Licence and an Archbishop’s Licence. These are required to allow us to hold religious wedding services on site in either of our historic chapels. Making us (we believe) the only Castle where you can get married with a religious service in England. It has been nearly eight years of negotiations to get to this point and I have been managing the negotiations for the last year or so. Credit goes to those who have negotiated before my arrival but the credit is mine, I tell you, all mine!
- My lady got her results for her first year of study this week. She passed the first year of her Fine Art Degree at the University for the Creative Arts in Farnham. I am very proud and immensely pleased for her.
- I Love Charts (part one) I received my signed copy of I Love Charts (the Book) at the weekend. I am fortunate enough to have a couple of my charts featured between the covers, which makes me very proud, especially as it is a really good read (you must buy a copy). I genuinely love charts and really love I Love Charts
- I Love Charts (part two) Jason (one of the curators of I Love Charts) and I have rap battled and chatted on Twitter and re-blogged each-other on Tumblr etc. occasionally for the last few years. Serendipity would have it that as I was all ‘I Love Charts this and I Love Charts that, because I was so pleased about the book that when I spotted that Jason was in the UK this week, I couldn’t stop myself inviting him to come and visit Farnham Castle and have a tour of the site, which he did. He is such a nice fella, I would gladly go for a pint with him, he is truly a renaissance man.
- I Love Charts (part three) because I was so excited about I Love Charts (the Book) I actually made a chart about it (LOL) and I guess because Jason came to visit, for a very short period the three most recent posts on I Love Charts were either by me, about me or had me in them! Tumblr Famous I think you’ll find (well for about eight hours anyway).
- This has a bit of bad news wrapped up in the middle but I am definitely digging the positive. I have not been very well recently, nothing debilitating, just a constant, mild but nagging pain. I have been prescribed various drugs that seem to work but don’t get rid of the issue. So this week the Doctor said, it was time for me to be booked in for a scan…O_o The good news is I am having my scan tomorrow, it took less than 24 hours for the Hosiptal to ring me to organise my scan and less than 48 hours for me to be booked in. So whatever it is (hopefully also good news) I will find out all about it tomorrow.
- Finally I hopefully will have some more good news tomorrow. I have two bids in for funding for two different areas of development at work, from two different funding bodies – one is for £45,000.00 ($69,898.50) and the other is for £4,025.00 ($6,252.00). They both make their decisions tomorrow and I am hoping our bids will both be successful.
I’m following a couple of brilliant bloggers (Lori at She’s Awake & Chrissa at A Little Wicked) who are undertaking a blog challenge to write 50 lists that will lift your spirits. I love lists, I like having something to blog about and I love them, so I’ve decided to join in.
Pingback: 50 Lists to write to lift your spirits | Extra X-Wide P