Okay I asked my friends on Tumblr what I should write next and Cat suggested # 18, so here goes.
Favourite gifts you’ve ever received:
I thought that this was going to be an easy post to write but as soon as I started thinking about it, the more my mind went blank on those amazing gifts I have received in the past.
It is not that I am ungrateful or even forgetful, it is just that some of my favourite gifts are things I would never have made/purchased/obtained myself but once they were given to me it was as if it had always been a part of my life, one of my possessions. They have become so integral, that it is quite hard to remember what was what and when and where it came from.
In no particular order: My Favourite Gifts
- My iPod – my first and all subsequent generations of iPod’s I have owned
- Music – mix tapes, albums, concert tickets, download codes and introductions
- Photographs – an electronic picture frame, this year’s Father’s Day Gift, my cameras
- Sense of humour – thanks to my family and my genetic make up
- My three daughters – all very pleasant surprises, a real gift, they make me proud
- An inquisitive mind – it can be like getting a new gift every day
- Half sized snooker table – Christmas 1980, my brother and I were delighted
- Driving lessons – gave me an opportunity to travel and explore wherever I chose
- Gifts from the internets – I am so very lucky to be sent little things from people I have never met, they are very precious to me
- Handmade gifts from my girls – innocently made with love and devotion *tears up*
- To love again – I met a lovely young lady that helped heal my broken heart
- My Carmen – A 1972 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia (a gift I gave myself)
I’m following a couple of brilliant bloggers (Lori at She’s Awake & Chrissa at A Little Wicked) who are undertaking a blog challenge to write 50 lists that will lift your spirits. I love lists, I like having something to blog about and I love them, so I’ve decided to join in.